Right now is a bit of a trying time for a lot of us.
Many of our cherished activities have been taken away from us and we feel like we are in jail in our own homes!
We’re so not used to having to occupy ourselves and there’s only so much Netflix one can handle!
So to help you all (and to remind myself), I have compiled a big list of things you can do when you’re bored at home!
So without further ado, here are 100 things to do when you’re bored at home!
Disclaimer: Products on this page may contain affiliate links. We only promote products that we think are super awesome and will provide value to you! You can read more about our terms here.
If you’re bored and *sigh* alone, trying being more social, virtually!
One of the most difficult things for me right now is not having my usual outlets.
I’m a fairly social person, so I’m going a bit crazy!
Even if you are less social or a bit more on the introverted side, human connection is still an important thing to maintain. And at least in this case, you can be in complete control of who you talk to!
Try to overcome your boredom and add some social aspects into your life through:
1. Zoom Call – just do it! Block out some time in your calendar!
2. Happy hour with friends (over video chat)
3. Write your friends a letter about how much you appreciate them
4. Challenge your friends to an online competition in some kind of video game
5. Reach out to people you haven’t talked to in a while
6. Schedule a distance walk with a friend if you’re in an area with enough space (you can get a stick that 6ft long so that you can make sure you stay apart)
Using activity to beat your boredom!
You might be used to being active with group classes, the gym, or even your job!
When you’re stuck at home, it can be a bit harder to find the motivation to be active. But there are actually so many fun things to do at home!
Try some of these:
7. Virtual Dance class
8. Virtual yoga class – having a set class is really great because it will give you the motivation and accountability to actually do it
9. Try some fun instagram workouts (here are my favourite workout accounts)
10. Go for a walk and listen to a podcast (funny or educational)
11. Work towards a goal – (mine is to do a headstand and run for 30 mins without a break). *fun fact, setting yourself a goal, tracking your progress will give you the motivation to start (when you don’t feel like getting off your butt) and it will fuel you to keep going – here’s a free goal planner that also comes with a habit tracker!
12. Plan an outdoor adventure! If you have some green space around you (that’s fairly unpopulated – remember social distancing), you can plan to have a little day where you can go around and do things!
Related Article: How to create a great goal setting worksheet
Super Fun Things To do When You’re Bored
(be warned, most of my ideas involve dancing)
let’s be real, all of the options are super fun, but these didn’t really fit into a category)
13. Dance party (to great music – see next idea)
14. Make some awesome playlists for all your different moods
15. Learn a fun dance (think Napolean Dynamite dance, or the evolution of dance, dance). Here are a couple online dance classes you can try! There’s one for belly dance and ballroom dancing!
16. If you have family in your house with you – try a board game. These are my favourites!
17. Do a photo scavenger hunt! This gives you a purpose to go outside and have some fun!
18. Throw pillows in the air and try to karate kick them! Okay, I know this sounds kinda crazy, but it can be so much fun to just let loose and be super silly!
19. Make a video – you can make it to be funny, creative, whatever! That’s what I’ve been doing and I think I’ve made some gems!
20. Have a picnic in your backyard or on your porch! Even if it’s just you or maybe someone you live with!
21. Build a blanket fort! Who says they’re just for kids?
22. Play cards
23. Play a board game
24. Set up a murder mystery game with your friends (online!)
25. Play facebook messenger games with your friends
26. Try streaming on twitch – they give money to people who have a certain number of streams!
27. Start a tiktok account! It’s a great way to just have some fun, and who knows, maybe you’ll get some followers?
28. Get your home garden going and get yourself a plant! (you can even look into finding a plant outside and re-potting it to a plant in your home!) Anything can be a flowerpot with some imagination!
29. Make a cool DIY flower pot for your new plants! It can be as simple as painting an old yogurt container (but you can get fancier if you want!)
Having well-defined goals that you are passionate about is a great way to beat boredom!
My goals are what keep me motivated and moving every day!
(If you want some extra help with goals, you can sign up for my free goal planner and course below!)
Here are some great ways to beat boredom with your goals!
30. Plan your dream career
31. Make a vision board – you can either make one with some craft supplies or make a virtual one on Pinterest!
32. Plan your craziest dream
33. Create a bucket list for the summer!
34. Create a habit or self-discipline goal (you can use this habit tracker and goal planner!)
35. Read a book on your related goal
36. Start a youtube channel on something you’re knowledgable about
37. Start a blog on something you’re knowledgable (or something you want to learn about)
Inspirational Ideas to Beat Boredom
Similar to the goal-oriented activities, this one can also help get rid of some boredom and create a spark in your life!
38. Plan your next trip! Even the act of planning something fun can boost your endorphins and make you feel great!
39. Read an inspirational book, here’s a great list.
40. Find and download some inspirational podcasts!
50. Reach out to someone you find inspirational for a chat.
60. Look into personal development courses!
Traditionally Productive Things You Can Do From Home
I already consider a lot of the things on this list to be productive, but here are some more really good ones!
61. Start a financial spreadsheet (boring I know, but this will help you in the long run)
62. Create a cleaning schedule. If you don’t have one, you are seriously missing out, this will improve your life so much! (You can get a simple one when you sign up with my goal planner – I give you a bit of everything to start living your best life!)
63. Blast some music and actually clean up! I always feel super satisfied after doing a good clean!
64. Start one thing that you have been putting off!
66. Clean your house! (See the organization section below!)
67. Make an inventory of things that would make your life easier, like cleaning supplies or organizational tools!
68. Make a list of ways you can simplify your life. This will make you feel better and more free. It will also free up some space for more fun things!
69. Do a survey, like swagbucks or others, to get a little extra money! Great if you’re totally bored!
70. Do you like making jewelry or highly lucrative face masks? Start an etsy account! You can even check out this course that can teach you how to make some fun self-care stuff!
71. Start or plan a side hustle! Figure out what interests you, what you’re good at, and what you could make some money at and take a stab at it! You can make your first sales over instagram, etsy, or facebook marketplace! (And if you want some tips, contact me on this page and I can give you some tips!
72. Do that thing that you’ve been meaning to for forever that you just haven’t gotten to yet! The time is now! (not singling you out btw, we all have that one thing!)
73. Make a plan for that one project that you need to get done.
I know pretty much everyone has tried to do some organizing, but you should try it!
If you hate doing stuff like that (like I do), set a timer for 5 mins and just start! And play some music – I guarantee it will help!
Here are some things you can organize!
74. Your jewelry
75. Your makeup Bag
76. Your bathroom
77. Your kitchen (and that one cupboard that is always overflowing!)
78. Your closet
Creative things to do when you’re bored
Our minds are so vast and such an incredible source of creativity! Try harnessing some of that, you might be surprised and find that you’re actually a lot more creative than you thought you were!
79. Re-decorate your space!
80. Find some diy projects that would improve your home – or that you just find fun!
81. Try writing some poetry!
82. Have old clothes lying around? Try upcycling it! Just go to pinterest and there are TONS of cool ideas!
83. Musically inclined? Try writing a song!
84. Do some origami! It’s very fun, and always a cool party trick!
85. Are you good at drawing? Try making a fun little comic!
86. Have you ever wanted to make a video? I find making them very fun and you don’t even have to post it anywhere
87. Plan out gifts for your friends’ and family members’ birthdays this year
Self-Care Related Activities
This is an amazing time to practice your self-care, or if you’re a newbie – start a self-care ritual or routine!
88. Try some journaling – here’s an article on how to do some simple stream-of-consciousness journaling
89. Focus on self-improvement. Shameless plug here: try my free mini-anxiety course!
90. Write 5 things you are grateful for!
91. Practice self love – you can use my self-love journaling exercises
92. Make your room more cozy and calm – consider getting some twinkly lights and a salt lamp!
93. Tape an inspirational note to your mirror
Related Article: 100 Self-Care Ideas for a Bad Day
Bring back your nostalgia
I’m a very sentimental person and I have a lot of fond memories of my childhood. If you’re the same, it could be fun to go on a nice little trip down memory lane!
Here are some easy and fun things you can do!
94. Ask your parents if you have any old photos or home videos to look at
96. Get a jump rope
97. Get some chalk and play hopscotch
98. Go get some old candies that you loved when you were a kid – order them online or see if your local grocery store has them!
99. Remake a favourite childhood recipe!
100. Make a photo album of old pictures
And that’s it folks!
There are SO many things you can do when you’re bored at home!
You just have to be slightly creative – or read my blog! 😉
If you’re interested in being a bit more productive during this time (not that you need to, that’s totally fine!). But if you do, you should check out my free little productivity and time management course! As someone who has been working from home for a long time, I know that it can be a big annoying adjustment.
It’s hard to know what to do with your time or even find the energy to do anything! So I wanted to make something to help!
You can sign up below!