For some, this can be an easy principle to live by. Those are the people out there that we are all jealous of. They know what they want and they go out and get it.
So why is it so hard for the rest of us to go out and live the life we want?
Well there are several reasons and they mainly include that we are constantly choosing the wrong things in life. And by the wrong things, I mean the things that will not ultimately contribute to our growth or happiness.
Other reasons include us not believe in ourselves or not believing that we are worthy of having the things we want.
So even though there are so many factors into why someone is being held back from the path that is the best for them (their “true path” if you wanna be more spiritual about it), but I have narrowed down the 5 main factors that we need to follow to steer ourselves in the right direction.
Abolishing our limiting beliefs and finding the courage to follow our dreams
This is a common thing on my blog, but it is extremely important.
Sometimes we are not even aware of how much our fears and beliefs are holding us back. We might be afraid to leave a job because we might not find anything else, we don’t think doing a certain career is possible, we are not confident in our abilities, or we are convinced that the world works a certain way and you can’t do anything to change that.
These are all extremely common beliefs/fears and they are very compelling, but they are all untrue.
The only real limitations you have are in your mind.
(And I know sometimes there are people with actual disabilities either physically or mentally, but even people with those types of problems still find a way to do what they love).
Once you realize that you can do anything you set your mind to, the world will completely open up to you.
Now, I’m going to write full blog blog post on overcoming your limiting beliefs, but for now, here are some quick tips to remember and start implementing this idea:
- Think about the things you have always wanted to do and then identify the reasons why you haven’t done them
- Once you have identified those reasons, see if there are one or two things that stand outNow think about these reasons and start dissecting them to see if you are just irrationally scared of this or if is a genuine limitation in your life.
- Now, do some research on the thing that you want to do with the possible hurtles in mind, and find stories of people that have overcome them! It can be very inspiring and shows you that your dream is not as impossible as you think it is.
Keeping our goals in the forefront of our minds
It would be very difficult to try and find something if you didn’t have any idea what it looked like, wouldn’t it? The same sort of thing applies to our goals. If you don’t have a clear idea of them in your mind, then how do you know what steps to take to achieve them?
Here are a few tips on reminding yourself of your goals:
- write them down somewhere that you can see them everyday
- if you meditate or have some sort of morning ritual, think about them then
- set reminders on your phone throughout the day (maybe at times when you know that you need them, such as when you usually watch tv, so that you can work on your goals instead of doing something unproductive)
Cut the crap
Cut all the crap that you don’t need in your life!
I’m talking clutter, bad food, toxic people, an unfulfilling job, and the list goes on!
And these things that I just mentioned are sort of the obvious things that you should cut out because they are clearly not good for you, but there are a lot of things that are disguised as good things, but they are still crap!!
There are so many things that we don’t need to be happy, it’s crazy! If you are spending money on tons of expensive clothes, but don’t have money to live life and do fun things, then what’s the point??
Or if you are going on social media constantly – ya it might be fun, but you are wasting so much time and you are constantly comparing yourself to the amazing lives that people seem to have! That can’t be good for you.
Once you figure out what you should be cutting from your life and actually cut it out, you will be amazed how much more freedom (mentally and financially) you will have to start doing things you actually love!
Here are few easy things you can do to start cutting crap from your life:
- have an organization day: just get rid of stuff that is cluttered and you don’t need
- delete the distracting apps on your phone (and try to have the mental will power to keep them off)
- take a look and see if there are toxic people in your life, and see if there is any way to spend less time with them (or no time at all)
Treat yourself right (mind, body, spirit)
There is basically no way that you can live a great life, if you don’t take care of yourself!
This means all aspects of yourself: mind, body, and spirit!
You need to nourish yourself with good food, exercise, keep your thoughts positive, meditate, and do things that make your soul feel good! And if you do all of these things in this article, you will be doing right by your soul and you will end up feeling good!
This can be hard to do sometimes especially if you are really busy, but here are a few easy ways to sneak in some self care time:
- Go for a walk. Even if it’s 5-10 mins, it will get you outside in the sun and fresh air! Plus, you will start building a habit and you can work your way up from there
- Meditate! Or relax, or write in your journal – just something to calm your mind for a bit during your hectic day
- Start choosing healthier foods that are lower in sugar and refined carbs (I’m soon going to write an article on foods that affect your mental well being)
- Listen to inspiring podcasts, videos, etc. Keep your soul excited buy listening/watching/reading stuff that is inspiring to you! It will keep you happy and motivated.
Work hard and be consistent
Now nothing will happen if you don’t put in the work on a regular basis. And working hard doesn’t actually have to be painful if you are working towards something you love!
And if you do numbers 1-4, you will be in a much better mindset for putting in the work! Stay motivated, remember why you are doing these things, cut the crap to focus on what you want, and treat you mind and body right so that you have the energy to work hard!
Things all work synergistically together.
You should really try to work on all of these aspects or improve the areas that you are lacking in. You need to treat your body right and be healthy so that you have more energy to work hard. You need focus to make the work you do matter. You can’t have people or things bringing you down.
To top it all off, you need to have courage and truly believe in yourself.
You’ve got this!
If you would like some extra motivation and guidance to start living a life that you absolutely love, you should sign up to receive my free Dream Life Goal Planner. It has everything you need to inspire and jump start your process of creating a life that you truly love. It has journal prompts to discover your passion, goal mapping inspiration, and a SMART goals worksheet!